Tuesday 30 November 2010

RB - Digipak so far...

I've pretty much finished the digipak, all that's left to do now is print and assemble it. I have used all my own images except from one, which is Jakes. The logo that says 'chew lips' was taken from the bands website however I have edited it on photoshop substantially, enough to make it look like a new image, so technically all I have really used is a font. Below is the digipak set out in its template, and the final poster that will accompany the digipak, plus screenshots from photoshop.






Something extra I thought of whilst creating the digipak was on the back of the digipak where you have the barcode, track names, websites, etc was to create a QR (quick response) code. This, when scanned by smartphones will link you to a website of our choice, in this case it will link to the blog. Evidence of this below:


2 comments:

  1. Well done Rob, that QR code idea is great and it add an extra way for our target market to connect with the artist if this was a real digipak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one rob! Like Sam said, QR code was a great idea. It would a new way for consumers to interact with the artist if it were real and is a great example of Web 2.0.
    On thing I would change is on the poster, I'm not really liking the dot after 'Karen'.. It might grow on me though, so leave it for now!

    ReplyDelete